A law firm focused EXCLUSIVELY on
federal government contracts
Lawrence Sklute started the firm in 1994 after completing a judicial clerkship at the United States Court of Federal Claims and then working at a law firm engaged solely in federal government contract law. Nearly 30 years, Sklute & Associates has been providing legal counsel to federal government contractors.
Sklute & Associates provides close, personal client attention in developing a solution for each client's unique federal procurement matter.
The firm represents companies both across the United States and internationally. Clients include fortune 500 companies as well as small to medium size companies.
The firm has represented all types of small businesses that qualify under SBA Programs: 8(a) Business Development, HUBZone, WOSB, SDVO, and Mentor-Protégé. Small business 8(a) clients include many types of socially and economically disadvantaged individuals and entities, including Tribally-owned concerns.
Of counsel to the law firm is USAF Major General (Retired) Nolan Sklute who was The Judge Advocate General of the Air Force from 1993 to 1996. Calling upon his years of experience in federal government contracts, his advice and services are utilized based on the circumstances in a given case.
The firm has resolved a multitude of federal procurement issues associated with contracts ranging from small purchases to multi-million dollar acquisitions for many federal agencies, including:
- Air Force
- Army Corp of Engineers
- Coast Guard
- Marine Corps
- Army & Air Force Exchange Service
- Defense Commissary Agency
- Dept. of Agriculture
- Dept. of Education
- Dept. of Energy, National Nuclear Security Administration
- Dept. of HHS
- Dept. of HUD
- Dept. of Justice
- Dept. of Justice, Marshal Service
- Dept. of Justice, Federal Bureau of Prisons
- Dept. of Labor
- Dept. of State
- Dept. of Treasury, IRS and U.S. Mint
- Dept. of Veterans Affairs
- Broadcasting Board of Governors
- Bureau of Indian Affairs
- Bureau of Reclamation
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Federal Aviation Administration
- Federal Emergency Management Agency
- General Services Administration
- Immigration & Naturalization Service
- National Institutes of Health
- Office of Personnel Management
- Secret Service
- Tax Court
- Transportation Security Administration
- US House of Representatives, Office of Procurement
While various procurement matters have been resolved without litigation, others have been aggressively pursued before the following:
- Government Accountability Office (bid protests)
- FAA, Office of Dispute Resolution for Acquisition (bid protests)
- SBA Office of Hearings and Appeals
- Armed Services Board of Contract Appeals
- Civilian Board of Contract Appeals
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims (bid protests and claims)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
As a law firm focused exclusively on federal procurement law, Sklute & Associates provides clients with a full range of legal services in this highly specialized arena, whether it is related to construction, manufacturing or services.
Contact us to introduce your company and its mission and we will provide an initial assessment of your Federal Government contract issue. Take advantage of our expertise to avoid performance pitfalls, gain a competitive edge, protect your rights, and maximize your cost recovery opportunities.